20 Jul

The primary goals of this week are to create fully functioning SCP actuators and develop the design for the integration of the SCP actuators within the printable robotic gripper. Thus far, Wenzhong, Devon, Anthony, and I have developed a setup for twist insertion which consists of a servo motor, the...

18 Jul

Last week I researched how to get state estimates from Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU). There are 12 states needs to be measured for a flying device: position, velocity, attitude and angular velocity in three-dimensional space. An IMU usually contains accelerometers and gyroscopes, sometimes also ma...

17 Jul

This blog post is a tutorial made for future lab members who will be working on Robot Compiler. There is a list of tasks one need to complete before one will be able to run Robot Compiler on a computer. Setting up Git Setting up GitLab (Sign up for a GitLab account) Getting a copy of RoCo...

17 Jul

I went throught the main reference [1] in my following project, as well as studied the corresponding area, which is called optimal scheduling in sensor networks.In [1], the main work can be decomposed into 4 steps: Discrete time Riccati equation: With observation and propagation, the localiz...

17 Jul

I have finished making the LED blink manually by opening other tabs/windows in my internet browser. With Wenzhong I tried making SCP actuators. The first two times the thread snapped due to too much weight, but the third time at 50g of dead weight the thread remained intact. We still have not bee...

11 Jul

Week 1: [x] Create a schedule & goals with time frames. [x] Get the LED to blink. Week 2: [x] Establish project idea by Thursday. [x] Start & Finish Pre-lab. (

11 Jul

We were able to make the LED to blink using esp8266 / Arduino We are currently learning Python through Code Academy We wrote our project proposals, but they are still in their early stages (living document) We read over and are reviewing Pooja’s Pre-lab on the fabrication process of SCP actu...

11 Jul

During summer time, our goal is to try to achive a single motor&propeller helicopter on Crazyflie by removing three propellers and motors. Week one and two, we measured the thrust on a single motor of crazyflie by diving the total thrust of four motors by four. We found the thrust is not enough to l...

07 Jul

This week, I finally decided my project for this summer with Prof. Mehta.Based on the framework that we developed for cooperative localization, we further consider how to optimize (or minimize the cost) this process with constrained resource. This paper may be the most related one, and I will f...

05 Jul

This week I worked with Jerry, Likai and Carol to test Crazyflie's thrust force. We used the method from [1] to measure the thrust force created by one motor and one propeller on crazyflie with different PWM signal. From the measurement, we conclude the system needs more than one motor to provide en...