30 Nov

While I am editing the paper, some of the reviews mentioned an important paper, Kalman Filtering With Intermittent Observations. The paper mainly deals with the stochastic nature of observation availability. They derived an expected covariance update, named modified Riccati recursion.However, I...

30 Nov

For the past two weeks, I have been rewriting the code for ROCO interface, making the transition to React.js. The reason of doing so is that we hope to make the interface more modularized and customable. Since ROCO interface is a design tool, these are important aspects since we would like to tailor...

30 Nov

For past week, I spend most of time on fixing the contact issue for mechanical logic. After lots of failure, I found the solution: conductive grease. By painting the conductive grease right on the interface between SCP actuator terminal and contact tab, a reliable current bridge was built up to assu...

30 Nov

The UCLA LEMUR GitHub In anticipation of the release of RoCo, UCLA LEMUR now has a GitHub account!. You can check it out here.

30 Nov

This past week I spent most of my time working on creating the arduino code that I wrote for the andruino bot on RoCo. In order to do so I had to create new blocks and components that would allow me to control servos using serial input. I alrady had blocks that take serial and convert it to a string...

28 Nov

We have spent the past month working with Kinect. We have tried a variaty of methods:https://wiki.bitcraze.io/doc:crazyflie:vision:setup The problem we encountered is that when building the Windows Detector Package, Visual Studio reports that zmq.h is missing even though the ZMQ folder is added t...

28 Nov

Last week I gave an update regarding the progress that I had made with the literature review that I had been conducting into range only localization techniques. The issue with this line of investigation was that it was slightly off topic since we are trying to solve the issue of not having rotation...

20 Nov

Four Motor Drone Dynamic model simulationsThe first simulation is performed with an ideal drone model. The PWMs for each motor were changed over time to achieve hover, z motion and roll, pitch and yaw motions. No noise were introduced in this simulation. Figure 1 shows the result of this simulati...

20 Nov

This week, Katya and I worked together to learn how to use Silhoutte Studio to make sure that this is the software we will be using for the Characterization of Physical Properties prelab that we are currently working on.We began by watching a YouTube video to learn how to use the software, the vi...

20 Nov

Last week, Katya and I continued working on the prelab for the characterization of the Aluminum coated plastic. The reason behind us doing this was to test the conductivity of the material as well as to analyze its physical properties. The document that we wrote is the following: prelab conductivi...