04 Dec

These past few weeks my role has been to add networking/communication to CoLo-PE (CoLo Physical Experiments). Previously when evaluating the performance of a localization algorithm, CoLo would infer the connection strength between each of the robots from the relative distance between each of them (...

03 Dec

This blog is a bit technical, but here it goes. The last blog focused on the write up side of my project, but this time, I will focus on how I attempted to replicate my 1/8th scale autonomous RC car results for my 1/32 scale vehicles. -Data Collection- The image above is an image straight fro...

29 Nov

Last week I measured the performance impact of sending and receiving messages over a Bluetooth link to see how well it would scale up if needed. The metrics I chose were the percentages of CPU and RAM used by the running process. To collect this data, two common tools came to mind: ps and top....

29 Nov

At the same time I worked on modeling the critical force and critical displacement of the bistable beam, I also looked into the way these behavioral parameters affected the final output parameter of the system--the oscillation period of the mechanical logic. I integrated the models for the mechanica...

28 Nov

Due to the shortcomings of the ROM (it's really hard to translate into our fast, model-based design method for the mechanical logic), I have started to work with a new model that we used for the ISER paper (it turned out more than a piecewise linear model that came to the rescue at that time). This...

28 Nov

Last week, we reviewed the current state setup of the linearization script. Since the derivative of the total thrust cannot be calculated from the definition of the derivative, the total thrust should not be in the state. The error comes from misunderstanding of one of the equatoins of the original...

27 Nov

Once I constructed the the mesh of our track in Meshlab I needed to import the mesh into unity. Unfortunately Unity does not read per vertex colors so I a made a texture from the mesh so that it could be applied to the colorless mesh I imported to unity. However the texture I created using the per t...

24 Nov

This week was mostly focused on writing a prelab report and setting up the experiment for the data collection.Prelab : A prelab report for the experiment was written so that all the project team members and I could prepare for the professional RC driver to stop by and collect data. Optitrack Mo...

21 Nov

This is part 2 of the slam algorithm overview focused on Particle Filter related SLAM algorithms. It is aimed to provide readers some basic understandings on different SLAM algorithms and their relationships.

20 Nov

One of the things I'm working on right now is setting up the environment of our unity simulation. This simulation will need to be a realistic representation of the track we are using. In order to achieve this we use an intel realsense camera to scan the track and generate a 3D point cloud. However U...