08 Nov

This week Karla and I started doing our pre-lab for an experiment we are going to be running. The experiment will involve analyzing the aluminum coated plastic in order to determine the measured resistivity. Using this resistivity value we can determine its conductivity. Our approach will involve...

08 Nov

For the last two weeks I've been working on implementing Hoeken's linkage out of paper. Hoeken's linkage is a four bar mechanism that converts rotational motion to approximate straight line motion. The diagram is shown below: The length of these arms follow a certain propotion shown in the diagra...

08 Nov

Finally, I made the mechanical logic works for several times though just single side of it. This is a great progress towards final goal. During past week, the uncoiling issue was eliminated by adjusting the annealing temperature and using thinner thread to form a mechanical stop. On the other hand,...

06 Nov

Over the past week I have been researching how to implement a kalman filter into the Lidar localization system. As a reminder the goal of this project is to investigate whether it is possible to drop the angular velocity measurement of the Lidar as it completes a sweep of the room and still maintain...

06 Nov

This last weekend, I was finally able to fix the bug that had been eluding me for the past two weeks. Click here to read my previous blog post about this bug.My approach to fixing the bug was to painstakingly keeping track of the reference states of the different variables after each deserializ...

02 Nov

Overall goal of this quarter: Develop a generalized algorithm for creating any type of robot so that the user can input certain requirements and be told exactly how to put together materials to create a robotThe upcoming weeks are going to be focused on creating an automated hand. At the end of t...

02 Nov

I spent the majority of this past week debugging a single issue in RoCo. We noticed that when we constrained subcomponent parameters in RoCo and rebuilt the component, the drawing would not reflect the constraint. The representation of the faces in RoCo are parameterized with Variables that define t...

02 Nov

Last week, we finished interfacing Crazyflie 2.0 with ROS, meaning we are able to get sensor data from Crazyflie 2.0 to our laptop by monitoring ROS topic IMU for Crazyflie. What we can get from the sensor is the linear acceleration, angular acceleration and orientation. Furthermore, the pressure se...

02 Nov

The interface without the cutout showing in the 3D viewThis week was spent trying to work out a lot of the bugs that were discovered last week during the addition of cutouts to the interface. When cutouts were first added, there was a problem with the generation of the 3D view of the component. T...

02 Nov

This last week I worked on improving the android app. The layout that I am planning to implement currently has 4 pages. The first page would be the main menu where the user can choose to connect to the NodeMCU microcontroller either through serial USB or wirelessly using Wi-Fi. If Serial is chosen t...