16 Nov

The SegBot in the interfaceThis week, Prathyush and I worked on building the "SegBot" car in the mechanical interface. To do this, we had to fix/add multiple features, and there are still a few things left to do before the design is perfect. The two main obstacles if creating the car were adding...

15 Nov

Finally, the finger joints can be appropriately added into connection between selected subcomponents. The way we achieved this goal is to call specific arguments in make_output() function without adjusting our RoCo system.c.make_output(tabFace=maleFingerJoint,tabDecoration=maleFingerJointDecorati...

09 Nov

This week we have been trying to use Kinect to obtain the position of a Crazyflie. So far, we have found three well-documented methods to do so: Autopilot with Crazyflie Client This is by far the easiest methods and only requires a version of the client that supports Kinect. However, we had issu...

09 Nov

Since we are discussing the distributive Kalman filter based covariance intersection, we have to take a look at how it develops.The paper, named "Diffusion Kalman filter based on Covariance Intersection," is of great importance. The real contribution of this paper is not in the algorithm that the...

09 Nov

The problem that was encountered last week was that the two wheeled paperbot was not able to support the weight of the phone. This week I worked on creating a four wheeled bot that could maybe have a better change at carrying a phone around. I modified the cutout to accomodate two more servos and th...

09 Nov

Throughout this week, I have discussed with other members of Roco team about how to improve the current interface. Ultimately, we agree that we should eliminate the current “right column”, which is currently the main interface to input new parameters of components and subcomponents. Such an inte...

09 Nov

Christian, Prathyush, and I came up with a rough plan on how to proceed with our new research and some goals/questions to address for this quarter. It can be found below:Parameterized robot specification What parameters are required to fully specify a robot? Create a composable that can export...

08 Nov

Last week, I identified that the source of many problems for the composite component interface was the manual serilization of the Blockly workspace. In an effor to rectify this, I spent this week designing and implementing a JSON framework to handle the serialization and deserialization for us. A...

08 Nov

As part of generating an interface that automatically generates traces for pins connections depending on the user's desire, this past week I focused on learning KiCAD. This open source helps you create a schematic that can then be turned into a PCB layout. I decided to get familiar on how to use it...

08 Nov

A component in the interface with cutouts addedThis week I spent trying to fix the issues that I have been working on the past couple of weeks. After spending a considerable time reading documentation and trying out different things in the code, I was able to make the cutouts appear in the 3D vie...