02 Nov

Over the past week, I worked on getting RoCo's composite code interface working. To do this, I graphically constructed a component that would take input through a Serial port, convert that to a string, and output a signal to a motor based on the contents of that string. I would then try to export it...

02 Nov

I found that the paper, "On the convergence conditions of distributed dyanmic state estimation using sensor networks: A unified framework", proposed the almost identical framework of ours. It should not be surprising, since Covariance Intersection can be naturally integrated in Kalman filter. Howeve...

02 Nov

For last week, I designed new pattern to allow easily adjustment of the distance between bistable beam and contact tab. I made one model for this design. And the feasibility was verified. I also manufactured many SCP actuators and assembled them into our ML II to test the functionality. As mention...

26 Oct

The git ropository of the Crazyflie ROS module provides code examples of logging the connection. The log is stored in ~/.ros/log with a specfic id for each connection.The topic data is obtained by typing in the command: rostopic echo /topic_name The follwing command shows the list of topics: rost...

26 Oct

This Week Writing down documentations Modifying the whole environment Making the environment as a class Next Week Finish intro and installation manual Finish changing the main frame

26 Oct

We implement a premilinary design in UMC 28nm process.

26 Oct

This week progress continues mainly on two fronts: calculation of FOM for both the FollowerStopper and PI with saturation, and implementation of a deep learning model for computation of the characteristic velocity. For the FOM, we are doing more simulations of the FollowerStopper when the command ve...

26 Oct

In the paper of multirobot cooperative localization analysis [1], they discussed two cases: observable and unobservable. The former leads to a stable estimation, while the later does not. In the paper, they uses extensive calculation to delineate their result. However, such outcome can be easily exp...

26 Oct

This past week, while trying to make composite components using the RoCo interface, I discovered some issues. Before the Summer, Jack had started to work on integrating RoCo with Android devices. This works through an Android App that communicates with the Arduino using Serial. To achieve this, he h...

26 Oct

My main progress this week was getting hierarchical composition to finally work again. There were issues in the old robot compiler backend that seemed to have sorted themselves out when we rewrote it. The main issue I had to deal with to get hierarchical composition working again was fixing yaml ser...