Finally, I made the mechanical logic works for several times though just single side of it. This is a great progress towards final goal. During past week, the uncoiling issue was eliminated by adjusting the annealing temperature and using thinner thread to form a mechanical stop. On the other hand,...

Continue Reading...

Over the past week I have been researching how to implement a kalman filter into the Lidar localization system. As a reminder the goal of this project is to investigate whether it is possible to drop the angular velocity measurement of the Lidar as it completes a sweep of the room and still maintain...

Continue Reading...

This last weekend, I was finally able to fix the bug that had been eluding me for the past two weeks. Click here to read my previous blog post about this bug.

My approach to fixing the bug was to painstakingly keeping track of the reference states of the different variables after each deserializ...

Continue Reading...

Overall goal of this quarter: Develop a generalized algorithm for creating any type of robot so that the user can input certain requirements and be told exactly how to put together materials to create a robot

The upcoming weeks are going to be focused on creating an automated hand. At the end of t...

Continue Reading...

I spent the majority of this past week debugging a single issue in RoCo. We noticed that when we constrained subcomponent parameters in RoCo and rebuilt the component, the drawing would not reflect the constraint. The representation of the faces in RoCo are parameterized with Variables that define t...

Continue Reading...