In the past week, I did an experiment on controlling 2 blimps using Blynk app.
The videos are shown as follows:
The short version:
The long version:
The settings for two blimps are as follows:
- The Dolly fish has 4 small 12mm motors: 2 for horizontal control and 2 for vertical control
- The clownfish has 3 big 20mm motors: 2 for horizontal control and 1 for vertical control
Some observations I got:
- One big motor generates more force then 2 small motors
- The turning ability of clownfish is obviously better than Dolly fish
- The speed of Dolly fish is too slow
I assume that smaller motors could be implemented on smaller spherical balloon since the fish balloons have bigger interia.