19 Mar

As work on RoCo progresses it became clear that not all robots would necessarily have to be autonomous and that we would need to find a way to add user input in the design process. One of the previous versions of the paperbot had a html page loaded in the microcontroller, which would accessible from...

06 Feb

In the past few weeks I have been working on taking over some of Pooja's work as she is not present this quarter. I have read a few papers on SCP actuators, how they work and how they can be produced. I experimented myself by making a few actuators in the lab using the setup created by the other lab...

30 Nov

This past week I spent most of my time working on creating the arduino code that I wrote for the andruino bot on RoCo. In order to do so I had to create new blocks and components that would allow me to control servos using serial input. I alrady had blocks that take serial and convert it to a string...

09 Nov

The problem that was encountered last week was that the two wheeled paperbot was not able to support the weight of the phone. This week I worked on creating a four wheeled bot that could maybe have a better change at carrying a phone around. I modified the cutout to accomodate two more servos and th...

02 Nov

This last week I worked on improving the android app. The layout that I am planning to implement currently has 4 pages. The first page would be the main menu where the user can choose to connect to the NodeMCU microcontroller either through serial USB or wirelessly using Wi-Fi. If Serial is chosen t...

26 Oct

This week I was finally able to assemble a paperbot model and bypass the scaling issues. The scaling issues themselves have not been solved but by measuring the paperbot that was previously made I was able to scale the printout manually on Silhouette Studio.I was also able to get my old component...

18 Oct

Before summer started I left Andruino as a work in progress. I was able to achieve active communication between my phone and the microcontroller but the system was very distinct from RoCo and not easy to use at all. This quarter my focus will be on improving the Android app and making it more integr...

26 Jun

When I first joined this research group I started working with the RoCo team helping them with documentation and improving file formatting. I then started working on a side project: a paper bot powered by a phone that could be designed using RoCo. At the beginning I mainly focused on how to allow co...

16 May

AndruinoAndruino is a project that I started after the idea of a phone controlled paper robot got brought up in my research group. Smartphones are almost ubiquitous in our everyday life meaning that everybody has the means to provide a cheap paper robot with a collection of advanced sensors and a...

  • «
  • »