This week, I spent most of time on reading reference to find the way to decrease the thredshold to actuate the bistable beam. As far as I know, there are several ways to achieve it. One of them is to move the actuation spot close to midpoint of bistable beam. And I modified my design according to this method. I will make more demo this week and run test with SCP actuators.

On the other hand, I tried to make my finger joint much more user friendly. I added some code to allow the finger joint function to communicate with user. Then it is much more easier for user to have different choices for their material(i.e. thickness). And there will be natification when the subcomponents is not suitable for joining together by certain size of finger joint.

Next Post Previous Post