Robot made of paper and supercoiled polymer actuators (SCP).
- Get the robot to move somehow (walking, rolling, etc.).
- Use a motor control or phone to control the robot.
- Program the arms to move to positions 1,2,3 and be able to grab onto different objects (e.g. metal can, glass bottle, paper ball).
- Read more articles & journals, searching for key words I want to focus on.
- Delve more into taking weight into consideration & how heavy a load the paper robot can withstand.
- Investigate ways of folding the paper & what shapes would give it the most strength, durability, & efficiency.
- Technology for a robot or other such device to recognize trash, recyclebles, & compost does not yet exist, but we can build & design & research for that idea.
Research Question: We are designing and testing a printable robot mobilized by super-coiled polymer (SCP) actuators and investigating how it can be integrated into our lives.