10 Jul

In the process of finding the registers that are associated with the individual values of the SPADs, first I created a table which lists all the indexes associated with the internal registers of the VL53L1X. A total number of 4096 indexes were captured and classified with the similar classification...

10 Jul

Xin and I have figured out how to control and program the Roombas, so that is good. What is not good is that our programs seem to be inaccurate. The inputs that the Roomba reads are linear and angular velocity, in M/s and Rad/s. We wrote a program to simply create a spiral, which is a popular and si...

10 Jul

On the third week of my summer research project I began to get familiar with the ESP8266 module. The ESP8266 has similar capabilites to other microcontrollers like Arduinos and Raspberry Pis, but this module has bluetooth capabilites which makes the task of controlling a Foldable Boat versatile acro...

10 Jul

The script that does auto routing by given a single drawing file with arbitrary shape has been completed besides some clean up work. Moving to Approach A (import to eletrical design software and use existing auto-router) from this week. Finish up path-finding approach (Approach B) Only draw th...

10 Jul

After realizing that copper performed better than aluminum in the experiments, we decided to investigate some properties of both materials as well as the results for different types of cuts. Types of cuts: Table of results for resistance testing: Measuring resistance on the aluminum film:...

09 Jul

I am entering week 4 of my research project at LEMUR and have learned quite a bit. I am making headway on one of my large summer goals as an undergraduate and first-time researcher: Gain an understanding of what 'doing research' actually entails. It is quite a bit different than the normal school ex...

08 Jul

Boat 4 tested that the pinwheels would work with all the electronics in the boat since our last boat was too small to hold the battery. We also wanted to try making pinwheels with six wings instead of four which turned out to be much more difficult than we imagined. Although this prototype worked,...

03 Jul

Our goal is to create a way of connecting electronics on a paper-like surface without the use of external wires. Our initial method was to use plastic with an aluminum coating on one side as our medium. We first used X-shaped cuts and isolated channels to connect electrical elements: But after so...

03 Jul

We are trying to solve the problem that "Do auto-rounting based on dxf file". Two approches were came up with during the research: Approaches: A. convert SVG/DXF file to schematic/board design of PCB. Use KiCAD or EAGLE to do auto routing. B. develop algorithm on auto routing for single laye...